Tuesday 7 June 2011

Rainstorm in Paris after the Open

Before leaving my home of a fortnight, I had planned to reacquaint myself with some of the city that I met up with previously. However, the Men's Final affected not only the atmosphere within the crowd at Rolamd Garros, but the atmosphere over the entire populace that night. Paris was subjected to a spectacular rainstorm complete with lightning as special effects. Was it tears of joy from the Almighty, after backing Nadal or an angry outburst at his favourite son being defeated?

However it is sunny in Marseille where I am heading today, and from where I will deliver more riveting tennis dispatches as we lead into Wimbledon. Of course these will not be from first hand viewing, but will rely on sitting back on water's edge, drinking and eating and calmly tapping into the reports on my cool live scores IPad app or watching the live coverage on screens where available.

Life in the south of France will be hard to stomach so spare a thought for me while I grit my teeth and bear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment