Monday 30 May 2011

Rest Day In Paree

Well what did I get up to yesterday?  Basically it was a day of maintenance.  Seven years ago two of us from the Heart of Europe tour visited the Château de Versailles and its gardens and were beyond impressed.  So much so that we employed contract gardening staff to maintain the grounds, and security to care for the ancient works within the walls.

The contracts were up for renewal. and I visited the site to judge for myself whether things had been kept up to scratch. I perused the vast expanses that the gardens covered, pleased with the choice of ground staff.  Meanwhile   I was assured from my fellow inspectors on this tour that the buildings were ship shape and Bristol fashion.

While there we were celebrated with a "Musical Fountain" spectacular which ignored all water restrictions that may have been entertained at the time but what the hell it sure looked and sounded OK.  Alright, not exactly Puccini for me, but not classic Beiber either, so appealing to the middle ground.

If ever you wish to visit Versailles I highly recommend - in fact an encore to inspect bits you missed the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment